Wednesday, November 13, 2013

First Things First: The Fireplace!

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! 

I was practically skipping around the room. A fireplace!

Don't worry I am completely aware of how scary this looks. The original surround is gone and there is some awkward looking repairs over the years. But I have a fireplace! You can see the old outline from what mantle was there. 


We were working at night to do this. So there aren't many pictures of us taking the temporary wall down. It took about 3 hours to take the drywall off and unscrew the metal frame. Welcome back to the world fireplace! So sorry you were left back there. 


I can't wait to make this thing beautiful once again. Already working on plans for a new mantle!


Celebrating our first round of demo with a picture. Hooray! We only live 2 blocks away from the site so we can go back and forth easily. Also hoodies are NOT flattering, but they are so warm! 



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......again Pressure Cleaning Brisbane

    ReplyDelete